General Statements of Faith: We Believe
• That Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and the only Savior from sin.
• That Jesus Christ is the Great Physician and the Healer of the body and soul through the blood atonement.
• That Jesus Christ is the baptizer with the Holy Ghost today, just as He was on the Day of Pentecost.
• That Jesus Christ is the soon-coming King, coming back to the earth again as the only hope for our dying world.
• That Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Primary Experiences of the Christian Life
There are three primary experiences of the Christian life: Salvation, Water Baptism, and the Holy Spirit Baptism.
• Salvation is initiated by a prayer of faith in Jesus.
• Salvation is completed by God’s grace.
• Salvation is maintained by a lifestyle of Biblical righteousness.
• Salvation is demonstrated by works.
• Salvation is lost when we sin and do not repent.
• Salvation is necessary to enter Heaven in eternity.
• Water Baptism was exemplified by Christ.
• Water Baptism is not necessary to be saved, but is definitely an important Christian experience not to be negated.
• Water Baptism is a public demonstration of faith in Jesus Christ.
• Water Baptism is executed in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
Holy Ghost Baptism
• Holy Spirit Baptism is evidenced by speaking in tongues.
• Holy Spirit Baptism is an experience different and distinct from Salvation or Water Baptism.
Primary responsibilities for each Christian
There are four primary responsibilities of each Christian: Prayer, Outreach, Reading the Bible, and Fellowship.
1. Daily Prayer – Seeking God in prayer is a fundamental necessity of maintaining our relationship with Him.
2. Outreach – Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others.
3. Reading the Bible – Feeding our spirit with the Word of God, and living thereby.
4. Fellowship – Gathering together in a local assembly of believers for worship and admonition, and spiritually enriching camaraderie with other believers.